To address student needs, Birney employs a collaborative, decision-making process involving site-based teams composed of staff, parents, students, and community members. Programs available include:
- Birney Environmental Science Focus provides opportunities for students to use higher-order thinking skills to learn to protect and conserve our environment. Students participate in activities such as our recycling club, our community composting garden, and interact with drought tolerant landscaping.
- PTA and Parent Volunteer Programs--Birney’s highly supportive, active PTA sponsors numerous studentfocused programs including Home Reading Club, field trips, and Art in the Schools.
- Student Support Programs-- Counseling groups, Think-First, Principal’s Awards, Caught You Being Good are representative site approaches to meet ALL students’ needs.
- Special Education--Provides all individuals with exceptional needs programs and services to meet their unique needs.
- Schoolwide Program--strives to meet the educational, personal, and career needs of all students in a timely and effective manner.
Other programs include: